View Single Post
Old 06-01-19, 10:00 PM
alloo

Bikes: 2022 Priority Coast, 2022 Priority Current

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 99 Posts
So I rode both ways today. I felt good going to work. Coming home, I was a little slower because of the wind, and the rain that we had today. The cherry creek trail was flooded so I rode on surface sidewalks. Followed google maps. I even rode through the graveyard. On the way home, I stopped at a Freddy's steak burger and rehydrated with an Arnold Palmer. I am a type 2 diabetic. Since I've started commuting one way my blood sugars have been <100. I am so happy and have more energy when I ride to work. Someone asked how I get home when I commute one way. I take public transportation home. I haven't owned a car since 2005, I usually ride my scooter to work and try to alternate days. On my days off, I try to ride my bike within a 5 mile radius of my home. For trips that are time sensitve or outside the radius, I ride my scooter. My Saturday is on Wednesday. I sometimes worry about cramping which hasn't happened yet. I drink water before, during and after my ride. I took an hour and 20 mins commuting home on my seven speed. Saturdays and Sundays I start work earlier so I feel more comfortable commuting in during sunlight.

Thank You for all your great advice. I've been commuting one way three times a week for two to three weeks now. I think one of my Saturday/Sunday I will ride both ways from now on. It will be interesting. I would still like to cut my commute time by 20 mins. I remember the first time I rode to work it took me 1 hour and 10 minutes. My legs feel good after I warm up, usually getting started the first 15 to 20 minutes I feel tight and tired. Once I hit the main bike trail, I go into high gear and cruise to work. For music, I have a hanging bluetooth speaker that I play reggae on. I like the Pedal forward beach cruiser because I can maintain a great posture, I get bend forward at work at my desk job.

Anyway, I continue to improve weekly, weather permitting. I think I found my new lifestyle/sport.

Last edited by alloo; 06-01-19 at 10:26 PM.
Likes For alloo: