Old 02-23-05, 03:03 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by overthehillmedi
I'm looking at retiring in the spring of '08 and thought it was time to start planning what has been a dream of mine for the last twenty years but I'm wondering if I'm not about to bite something off that is to big to chew.Basically I'm planning on selling the house and storing the junk for a couple of years and hitting the road. The plan is to leave home and head to Anchoage then to Halifax,Miami,San Diego then to L.A. and catch the big silver bird and head off to Sydney,ride out the top,go around Australia and back in the bottom of Sydney and return to complete the loop. Never having toured before and not a rider am I planning to much.Looking foreward to your comments.

Sounds like a blast. Why not pose tis question in the "touring forum" and see what those folks also say. There are a lot of experts there?

Also, on USENET in rec.bicycles.rides are some great touring folks. Chuck Anderson of Boulder immediately comes to mind, as he has done similar things and is our age.

You can find that forum on the "Google Groups". YTou might try this link, but I don't know if it will work if you aren't registered:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.rides