View Single Post
Old 07-18-17, 02:48 PM
bikeme

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by skidder
That's probably why the homeless disappeared in the Fountain Valley area a few weeks ago:

Fountain Valley Homeless Community on Santa Ana River Driven Out by County Workers | OC Weekly

There's always a spot or two in the river bottom where crews are working to clear last winter's debris build-up, but it never seemed to coordinate with where the encampments were located. This seems like its maintenance work on the levees during the week, which makes sense since that's when its least-used by the public.
I hopped on the trail at Edinger on 7/18 and it was tent city across the way down from Santa Ana--probably the FV crowd shoved inland by the riverbed work. I've never seen so many living along the river. Every single overpass had people under them as well as debris and belongings that had slid down. I was going to head north up PCH and then back on the same route but I instead opted to go south and came back through the Back Bay and on the SD Creek trail so I didn't have to go on SART again.

Last edited by bikeme; 07-18-17 at 02:53 PM.