Pennylane Splitter

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1804 Post(s)
Liked 1,439 Times in 989 Posts
Originally Posted by popeye
Well here is the latest from the Register:

Santa Ana River Trail walkers, cyclists fear homeless, give up outdoor ?jewel? ? Orange County Register

Welcome to Irvine it's a whole new world and I end my rides in a better state of mind. I'm catching up on my climbing as well.
I wouldn't put too much faith the Dave Whiting or any of the articles he writes for the OC Register. Typical of a lot of newspaper columns these days, its tends to be filled with overembellishments, dramatic prose, and even some sensationalism. I'm pretty sure Mr. Whiting went out there during the week, when there are not a lot of folks (besides homeless) on the SART, so he could justify writing a column that contrasts a lack of SART users with an overabundance of homeless. While there are a lot of homeless out there, and not many bicyclists during the week, on weekends the SART will be filled with bicycle riders, walkers, and others. The area near the Stadium is a little unnerving, but just slow down when riding through there and you shouldn't have any problems.