I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,536 Times in 1,045 Posts
Originally Posted by BGBeck
Of late I've been having some issues mounting and dismounting my Trek DS 8.2. So far I've avoided any serious damage to me or the bike. After reading The Upright Cyclist, I've started thinking of selling the Trek and getting a step through frame to replace it. My riding is casual, exercise/errand type riding around town. The old "girl's bike" mentality comes to mind, but breaking something again as I did when I was twelve doesn't appeal to me at almost sixty. Any thoughts on this? Any bike suggestions? Any idea what a 2012 Trek DS 8.2 might be worth?
Bikes I bought for my daughters while living in Germany. The red one is a Calvin 3 speed built by Bria in Germany. I still ride it now and then. The purple one is seven speed also bought in Germany. Neither bike cost more than $500. Excellent sturdy and comfortable bike geometry. Built for comfort not speed, perfect for in town casual riding, easy to mount/dismount. Probably not suitable for the need-for-speed, bike snob or long distance cognoscenti .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
ZeroSeven3.jpg (104.6 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg
CalvinBike.JPG (70.5 KB, 204 views)