View Single Post
Old 07-10-19, 08:13 PM
Trekathlete

Bikes: 2006 Trek 1500, 1998 Specialized Stumpjumper M2 Pro, 2011 Cervelo P2, 2017 Fuji Beartooth 27.5+, 2016 Scott Foil Team Edition

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thank you for your insight! I probably do need to punch in the numbers to excel from my old foil and compare to new bikes. I wish there was an easy program to compare these numbers. My trek is a 52cm and my Cervelo is a 51cm. Both fit well but very different rides. I definitely sit on top of my cervelo where as i sit more into my bike on my trek. Hard to compare the tri bike to the road bike though. I prefer the more aggressive feel of something like the Foil, it was stiff but you get used to it. I am not sure how bad something like it would be on gravel. They say the 3T is also really stiff. Probably because of the aerodynamic design in the frame, but you get the bigger tires which helps soak up the bumps. So basically I am probably looking for a very similar geometry to the foil that can fit wider tires so i can enter gravel rides whenever I like and still have the ability to do what i have been doing on the road....