Old 07-11-19, 08:18 AM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by shoota
Lots of good advice here. But having ridden a 3T on gravel I can say it's not twitchy. I still wouldn't want one though.
I actually know a couple people who have the 3T bike. Still a small sample size but it's still real world and not conjecture.

One of them had an issue (I can't remember if it was with the bottom bracket or with his RD) which involved a proprietary part, and it took 3T *weeks* to send the part from Italy.

However, this guy also never does any maintenance or inspection and is always having mechanical problems due to neglect so I hesitate to assign all the blame to the bike. But the fact that it uses some proprietary and potentially difficult-to-acquire parts is something to take into consideration.

Second person -- developed cracks around the bottle bosses in one of the tubes. It's a warranty issue and apparently 3T is being pretty good about the warranty service.

Despite all this, both people love the actual bike and have nothing but positive things to say about how it rides.

So I'm with @shoota in that I think it's probably a pretty good bike and could be the right answer for some people although personally I wouldn't want to spend my own money on one (but if someone gave me one I wouldn't turn it down.)