Old 01-27-20, 07:50 AM
mgw4jc

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, Trek 5000 TCT, Giant OCR

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
The last couple of weeks have been a mess. Last week was a work trip and I only put in two round trip rides. My truck, dropped off that Monday, stayed in the transmission shop for two full work weeks, four days over estimate, so this week I rode all four days. Thursday there was at least a possibility it would be released so I rode my seldom-used roadie bike so I could retrieve it, but it was a false alarm. Finally returned this afternoon, a day off.

Tomorrow my twins turn three.

The next couple weeks are equally messy but not in a way that's going to make riding easier. Our nanny quit, with plenty of warning, but we still have yet to line up a replacement. So my kids are going to drop-in daycare 2-3 afternoons a week until we deal with that. I'll be the one to pick them up, and that means the truck. I've also got my ICD replacement the 3rd and we have a family trip mid-February.
Goodness - I hope there will not be a quiz! And Happy Birthday to the twins!

Just a normal Monday for me. Left early and went to the gym on the way to work. Just below 40F so easy to be comfortable in that.

Only different deal going on in my life is the wife and I are house shopping. We've been renting and think it's time for us to buy. Of course my commute is a factor - distance and safe route. Neighborhoods we've looked at range from 1 mile to 16 miles away from work. I'm about 13 miles now. I think 16 would be about the farthest I'd want. I'd have to allow a bit over an hour for that which gets to be a lot every day.