Old 02-03-20, 05:35 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 507 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7251 Post(s)
Liked 2,322 Times in 1,357 Posts
I've never seen that kind of failure! And I've seen a lot.

My commutes have been uneventful lately, and that's a good thing. Stuff happens but not much noteworthy, like overdressing as I did today. I'm trying hard to be more cautious around buses and trucks, but it's hard to change old habits. This morning, I nearly forgot my lock which would have made arriving at school unpleasant, but I remembered before leaving (the first time). I got out onto the street and realized I had forgotten my wallet, too, but I didn't have to go back far, so I got to class early.

Mind you, the way drivers treat people here would make people's blood boil, but here in New York City, people take it in stride. I'd be a nervous wreck if I remembered it all. Chr0m0ly how are you adjusting to NYC?

A big story might emerge for me. A friend gave me her old action camera, something I've wanted but didn't want to spend money on. I'll receive the memory card in the mail on Friday, so I'll be able to start using it next week. My theory is that if I post a video of my commute, some people here will puke from horror. But maybe not.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.