Old 01-06-14, 11:38 AM
Quinn8it

Bikes: Bianchi Pista, Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bmontgomery87
I haven't dropped the full range of motion deadlifts, but I do cycle between those and block pulls from time to time just to avoid boredom.

I get really tired of just doing the big 3-4 lifts over and over week after week.

What kind of programming are you following quinn8it?
i follow Starting Strength…

I've been doing it for a few years, and a year ago i switched my squat to the Texas Method. The other lifts stay pretty much the same, except at that point you stop alternating deadlifts (2x 1 week, 1x the next) and just do them on mondays..
next week i will switch to the Halting/Rack Pull versions of the Deadlift- which is the advanced programing of that pull..

i end up benching twice a week during this time of the year because i compete in powerlifting- and i do Press and Power Cleans once each.. that changes closer to bike race season- when i up the cleans (2x a week) and put the Bench and Press on the normal starting strength alternating program.. i am one of those weird bike racers that benches all year…

i lift because i love to lift and i feel like it compliments my cycling- i don't look at it as just a way to advance my bike racing.. if life got in the way and i had to cut training time- id drop the bike.. and keep lifting.. it just makes me feel good.

as for the boredom thing….
i thrive on repetition.. my career is all about repetition- i like honing a technique through practice… i like doing the same 5 lifts, i like doing the same efforts at the track and i like doing the same 1 road ride every week.. thats just me..