Old 07-17-19, 09:36 AM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: '12 Schwinn, '13 Norco

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,176 Times in 795 Posts
I met a guy this week that used to be a dedicated roadie in his younger days, but due to injuries moved on to comfort type cruisers.

The good thing about comfort bikes and cruisers is that you have a very good range of seat and handlebar height adjustment out of the box. That is, if the bike comes with a quill stem or adjustable threadless stem. Changing out non-adjustable stems is always possible, but it will add a bit of cost to the bike to do so. I'm sure many here have a few spare and unused stems laying around due to fit adjustment issues.

But back to the point, you can ride upright or leaned forward with just a few adjustments with a comfort bike/cruiser bike. My particular 7-speed cruiser started out seat low and handlebar high, but over time adjusted them to suit faster riding. Not racing, just faster than cruising. The good thing is, I can always adjust it back to seat low and handlebar high if I need to.

@spinconn, out of the three you listed the Jamis Hudson Sport appeals to me the most. It also makes me think of the Specialized Roll. I have a thing for bikes with a single chainring. Both the Hudson Sport and entry level Specialized Roll are single chainring machines.

Last edited by FiftySix; 07-17-19 at 09:57 AM. Reason: link