View Single Post
Old 08-16-19, 03:12 PM
hairyco

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I recently bought a 2019 Giant Roam 2 Disc from my LBS, but I saw an ad on craigslist for a 2017 Giant Roam 0 that is barely used (less than 150km) with receipts and everything.
I'm stuck on whether to return the 2019 Roam 2 Disc and buy a second-hand 2017 Giant Roam 0, or just keep the bike I bought. I wanted to draw from everyone's experienced opinions.

I am in Canada, and I plan to use this bike to commute to work (~8.5 km one way) through city roads/traffic and trails, and I plan to electrify the bike with a direct drive rear wheel hub motor on dry days.

From the specs on the giant website, 2017 Roam 0 vs 2019 Roam 2 Disc, the components are an upgrade. However, I wanted to ask everyone here if they are upgrades in terms of durability rather than performance.

The situation is that I would have to pay my LBS a restocking fee to return the 2019 Roam 2 Disc. In the end, the price I would pay for the second hand 2017 Roam 0 would be the same as what I am paid for the 2019 Roam 2 Disc plus restocking fee.
I would lose the warranty, free service to tune up the bike for the lifetime of the bike.

What are your thoughts?