View Single Post
Old 09-15-19, 04:54 PM
Manny66 

Bikes: 1973 Colnago Super, Litespeed Classic , Automoto , Pinarello Gavia TSX,Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra,Eddy Merckx EMX-5 , 1982 Moser SL, Concorde TSX, Vitus 979 KAS. Diamant SLX,60's Meteor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 327 Posts
Originally Posted by TiHabanero
Will hit 60 this fall and have been thinking a lot about the future and who will clean up after I am gone. Have loads of bike stuff, and started clearing out the old vendor catalogs like QBP and VAR, and tech catalogs from Campy. Feels really good to simply toss it. Sure the Campy stuff is beautifully done, likely the nicest I have seen in the bike biz, but it can all be had online now at the touch of a button, which is what the youth is gravitating towards. The old ways are no more.

Out with the old and in with the new. Eventually all the vintage bikes will be headed for higher ground as well, and the stash of parts, too. Only keeping 3 of the vintage bikes, maybe only 2. Replacing them with my own frames and components mixed the way I like. Just feel that 60 is a big change year. Out with the old and in with the new.
I'm somewhat of a bike Hoarder myself. Anything you want to get rid of, feel free to put it in a Box and send it to me, I'LL PAY FOR THE SHIPPING.

I foolishly gave away all my old Bicycle Racing stuff when I went off to Boot Camp in 1984 as I had nowhere to store any of it. I had some good Italian racing Magazines and some Fench Posters of all my favorite riders. Now, Im trying to acquire some of that back. Great Memories !