Old 10-23-19, 09:46 AM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Remi
I'm not sure discussions of the tikit are relevant now, they don't make them. I've owned several BFs similar to ones they're still building - including the PakiT - and am not convinced they are marketable options in 2019. Which is the crux of my argument, I'm certainly not saying they are bad bikes or that current owners shouldn't be happy with them. I'm talking business.
I think it depends on who you are marketing the bikes to and for what purpose. Their cargo bike is very marketable. I know you had a pakiT and you prefer your brompton, but they're really not the same and that's my point. Is there a market for a great riding 20" or 16" bike that packs for travel or is fold so much more important than ride quality? There's different markets - there's the travel market, the urban commuter market, the utility market, etc. Maybe the big problem is BF has tried to hit all those markets, where Brompton just focuses on one. It's a great commuter bike (assuming it fits you) which also can be used for some travel purposes. Maybe BF tries to be too many things and would have done better focusing on a narrower market, but then again, they did that with their NWT/Rockets and obviously felt they needed to branch out to make ends meet, so the travel market isn't big enough to sustain. I do think their cargo bike (HAD) is brilliant and a single OSATA model would be a winner (with options for flat bar, road bar) and they both use the same framing.