View Single Post
Old 10-24-19, 12:05 PM
TheDudeIsHere

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Notso_fastLane
Pffft. Tucson has a MUP that runs in a circle entirely around the city, and is ~140 miles long. Bonus: Most of the street crossings go under bridges, so traffic is almost a non-issue.
Don't Pffft too soon!

I did Tour De Tucson several years ago and don't remember the LOOP being around back then. So I looked it up, 120 miles complete, planned 131 miles. Though it is a loop, it is a series of trails that connect together.

If you are not familiar, the trails mentioned above can be connected as well. For instance, the San Gabriel trail that goes from the Mountains to the beach can be connected with other trails at a point locals call 4 corners. That is where the trail meets other sections of trail that connect to other trails that will also take you around other areas to the beach as well. Rio Hondo, LA River.

So in all fairness, the trails named differently can all be easily connected as The Loop in AZ.

Just one of the trails here, Santa Ana River Trail is under plan to connect the northern with the southern section and that alone will be about 100 miles. If one wants to throw in a 10 miles section of Pacific Coast Hwy, I'm guessing a 200 mile loop is possible.

Then named trails, though you understand as several different trails, are also connected like the Loop.

FTR, we do not cross traffic either. All of the crossings are underpasses as well here on our trails.

We have done rides from the mountains to the ocean, 80 miles round trip without crossing paths with a single car.

One great thing about our trails is that they take you to the ocean. Great bonus during the Summer as temps drop 16-20 degrees compared to the inland sections.

Contrary to other MUPs mentioned many times on forums, ours are not over crowded with skaters, joggers, pimps etc!

Likes For TheDudeIsHere: