View Single Post
Old 11-24-19, 11:26 AM
DorkDisk

Bikes: Ritchey Swiss Cross | Teesdale Kona Hot | Haro Extreme | Specialized Stumpjumper Comp | Cannondale F1000 | Shogun 1000 | Cannondale M500 | Norco Charger | Marin Muirwoods 29er | Shogun Kaze | Breezer Lightning

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked 1,003 Times in 488 Posts
Originally Posted by Jmpierce
Yeah, the brakes are not brand new but I haven't really rode them on the street.

I've had these bars for years and had them angled (I guess wrongly) far further forward and they were very comfortable just not feeling them on this build. I'm waiting on bars that will be more upright and angled back more towards the saddle.

I have two fork mounted hangers but they aren't as tall as the one you added the link to. I'll look into that one. Thanks for the link.
I've noticed you are running wide profile brakes, which are favored for mud clearance. Tourers and dry offroaders generally prefer low profile brakes for better heel and bag clearance. Wide profile brakes use a higher straddle, low profiles will have a lower straddle and stronger braking.

For cantilevers, I like to use cams like this, but I'm not sure how well they work with wide profile cantis. I'm paranoid of snapped or loose cables and there is no fender to catch the cable in my case.

Last edited by DorkDisk; 11-24-19 at 11:44 AM.