Old 08-13-20, 01:11 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
I don't know what to tell you but I think this conversation has run it's course.
Sorry we didn't connect.

I think the real issue is accident/fatality rate data anywhere, including the U.S. is going to be useless in this discussion because the number of people running flashing lights in daylight is next to nil.

Even if collision data was broken down that way, we likely wouldn't know whether any differences in numbers of people hit were reflecting anything other than there's a lot more riders without lights on the road.

Truth be told none of the data anyone has discussed here tells us anything about bicyclist safety. Even if laboratory tests demonstrate some minor differences in peripheral something or other, no one knows whether that translates to increased rider safety on the road to any significant degree, or if lack of ability to fix the position of the rider can cause more crashes. I just know that a lot of the logic on this thread and similar ones "proving" that strobes make people safer is so bad, I could drive a truck through it, and I have seen a number of people on roads and paths using these things in ways that are clearly idiotic. I realize that this is not supposed to be a thread about paths, but I had enough people post at me that they couldn't be bothered to switch off the strobe when they turned onto the path from the road that I think the subjects are pretty closely interrelated.
Likes For livedarklions: