View Single Post
Old 09-10-19, 06:19 PM
NomarsGirl

Bikes: Specialized Ruby Sport

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked 314 Times in 165 Posts
The Loire Valley in France is part of metro Boston, right? Trip report from my first ever tour ..

The bike shop didn't have any of the high quality hybrids available so had to settle. Mine was okay. The hubby had trouble with the front derailleur on his and the front brake froze on him.

My rented steed. Adequate, but i missed my Ruby.
We got a little lost coming out of Tours but eventually got on the bike path. The fabulous Cher River.

Got lost coming out of Tours, but eventually found the route along the Cher River
First stop was the chateau de Villandry which is supposed to have the finest gardens in all of france. It did not disappoint. And many of the plants are edible.
First stop - Chateau de Villandry. Known for having the most beautiful gardens in France. It's up there but I've been to Versailles and was totally charmed by Monet's garden in Giverny.
Overnight stop in Azay le Rideau which is home to another beautiful chateau. Or was closed by the time we arrived so could only peek through the gate.

After a hardy breakfast, we set out for Chateau d'Usse. Said to be the inspiration for Sleeping Beauty, it did look like something out of a fairy tale.

Hubby posing on the approach to the Chateau d'Usse. It is said to be the inspiration for the story of Sleeping Beauty.

Does look like something out of a fairy tale.

Big hill to climb after the chateau but continued through vineyards on the way to Chinon where we got a train back to the starting point.
Likes For NomarsGirl: