View Single Post
Old 04-01-21, 08:14 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4513 Post(s)
Liked 6,389 Times in 3,674 Posts
Originally Posted by pcb
LOL, while I was just now working on my post, I kept thinking I needed to ask you "What's with my BG??!!???"
It got shown and ridden some, it went to Velo Cult and Bob Freemans show, got plenty of looks and compliments.

The biggest thing is the consideration it got in the building of the Strawberry.

Dave and I talked at length and after telling him it was a bit small by the numbers but rides like a dream for me even after realizing I needed to up my lower limit to about 63.

So it and the big silver 66 Merz were the test subjects.

He had me ride both on the trainer, first the BG, then the big Merz and then the BG again, each for about 10 to 15 min. each. He said 'huh" at that point and then he said it was interesting that I settled into both bikes the same despite them being so far apart in size. He checked them both with the angle finder again and I could finally see the light bulb go off and he said "I know exactly what to do, I'm glad we used these two for this" and he did.

The Strawberry rides and feels as good or better than either one of them and they both ride like the great bikes they are from great builders.

Interesting they are both 78's, built within about 100 miles from each other by builders that hung out and rode together.

Last edited by merziac; 04-01-21 at 08:37 PM.