Old 09-26-19, 09:52 AM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1741 Post(s)
Liked 1,369 Times in 718 Posts
Driver awareness, divine intervention, and anti-lock brakes

Out for a ride this morning along the roads through my favorite corn fields, thinking deeply about a dear friend I have just lost. I recall seeing a car stop at a cross road about 100 yards up the road, and recall thinking about stopping, but when I got to the intersection I simply kept going without stopping. I recall looking for traffic and noting some about 200 yards to my right and one red truck to my left, and recall thinking of stopping, but for some reason I didn't stop until half way into the intersection after seeing the red truck to my left in a deep nose dive with the anti-lock brakes chirping the front tires.

Popped out of both pedals at the same time, and shrugged as I had no conscious clue the truck was there. The look on the driver's face was one of anger and terror. Thankfully he was aware of what was going on, as clearly I was not. There I was standing in the middle of his lane, looking at the truck coming to a sudden stop, and feeling this force, or hand, or something between the front of the truck and myself. I felt safe for some reason.

Thankfully the driver was aware, the Lord was watching, and someone invented anti-lock brakes.
Likes For TiHabanero: