Old 10-03-19, 01:52 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
SCICON bags have a nifty, quick and secure quick release. I used one of their smallest for a month and it worked fine. Just too small for my needs -- it wouldn't hold all I want on my road bikes. I snagged one on special from Amazon for only $5 so it was worth it to try their QR system. I'd consider one of their larger bags. The QR clamp attaches/detaches without tools, hold securely and the bag didn't waggle or pop loose during the month I tried it, including on some very rough rides.

The best compromise I've found in a compact saddle bag that's functional, small and easy to mount/remove is the Lezyne Road Caddy. It's squarish, flattish, uses a single wide Velcro strap and works very well. If I pack a thinwall tube like the Continental Race 28 Light, there's enough room for a tube, Lezyne patch kit, CO2 kit with teensy chuck (Lezyne and others make minimalist chucks), Hero Kit multitool (the flattest I've found with a spoke and chain tool), a pair of heavy duty tire levers, and a few other tiny items.

The Lezyne Road Caddy isn't a quick release, just a Velcro strap, but it's quick, easy and secure.

And, a plus, it leaves enough room to strap a spare folding tire on longer unsupported rides. I just use another Velcro strap to secure it under the Lezyne Road Caddy. It's still so flat there's no risk of rubbing the tire, and it doesn't waggle around.