Old 06-28-20, 12:40 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked 2,024 Times in 989 Posts
Originally Posted by gugie
Seattle Powder Coat is expensive compared to most everywhere I've used. I can get a frame media blasted for $40 locally. $275 for a stocked color is pretty high. Locally in Portland I use CC Coatings, One color, your choice from the Prismatic or Cardinal catalog will run you $150 including media blasting. If you're talking decals and clear coat, $275 is a good price.
Trust me when I say I balked at that price as well. They used to be around $25 or a little more for media blasting and then $175 for a stocked color. That was fine. But another $150 on top of that is a bit princely. Property values/real estate is nuts in this city, and combined with other things, makes it expensive to keep the lights on at the very least. I was going to ask the Portland contingent of BF members where they've gone for powder coating and how they have liked the results. And now, if they're open or not.

I have the decals already, but won't be doing two coats simply to keep thickness down and lug detail up.