Old 08-12-20, 01:18 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4513 Post(s)
Liked 6,392 Times in 3,676 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
Thanks, man. In committing to the aesthetic, I have become pretty fastidious about making sure the frame specs accommodate that. Measure a million times and cut once, otherwise it's wasted money and project momentum (both physical and mental). Obviously when a major change comes along and t-bones one's paradigm, then honest questions must be asked and action be taken. It sucks, but I'm all about the right (sized) bike for the right person. There's usually always someone willing to take me up on that.
You're welcome, anytime.

I look forward to your deal moving forward, it may help me with mine, we'll see. I have no doubt you will continue to nail your builds.

I have spent a lot of time thinking about this as it pertains to my builds and quickly realize I'm too old for this, not enough time and perspective to dig in with my requirements.

It is what it is, and I'm good with it as anyone can tell, only so much time in the day, life, whatever.

The Strawberry was even a huge challenge for me and was handled somewhat differently but still defies most standard conventions, so be it.

These convolutions allow me to really enjoy logging miles, couldn't be so without them.