View Single Post
Old 11-14-23, 05:59 PM
Leebob69

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus X 3.0, Trek 700 MultiTrack,Specialized Alibi,Benotto ?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 51 Posts
Installed a pair of new tires on the Specialized Alibi. When I picked it up it still had the OEM airless tire in front. It's history now. Now installed are a pair of 700x42 Specialized Pathfinders and new tubes.
I was a little concerned about the back wheel. The rim is not the OEM rim. It's an Alex 700x18 double wall. So I think I might be pushing it running a 42 tire. But if you multiple 2.5 times 18 you get 45. If that formula is valid I'm good.
The front OEM rim is a 21mm. If you were wondering the OEM rim did have a valve stem hole. A Schrader. That's good because that's what the rear has.

OK I have a question. The grips are OEM I believe. They are Specialized. Bike's sticker says it was built in 2017. I would like to keep them but they are sticky. I used degreaser trying to get them clean. Nope. So I used alcohol. That got the crud off them. But still sticky. I have twice rubbed Maguires Rubber cleaner\restorer on them. Still no change. Have the grips deteriorated? If so I'll replace them. Any ideas?