View Single Post
Old 07-19-19, 06:10 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Rollfast
I can't necessarily make heads or tails of all your [Jim from Boston] nested comments
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
The ignore feature cleans this up for lots of us.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
+1
It does nothing for others quoting that person last time I checked so I have to ignore ignore, and I am trying to help others if I can so ignorance isn't bliss.

Ignore is a useless feature and has been since day one. I don't see that is worked for you.
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
Actually it works very well for me. I can easily ignore the narcissistic nesting and fb's nattering.

I get your point about others quoting the ignored but in practice it rarely happens. Why would they ...
"The name is Boston...Jim from Boston." So it seems to IGNORE implies more abhorrence, than simply DNR (Did Not Read), and how does the Ignored One learn of his Status?

Personally, I don’t ignore anyone:
"Likes" or "Points" [for] members”

After about 10 years here I have my preferences (and my own choices for the ones I consider “pills,” who are nonetheless fun to read).
But since you [shelbyfv] latched on to who/what we were talking about, you've just given yourself away.
Furthermore,
Originally Posted by ksryder
Counterpoint: zombie threads are funny and entertaining.

Someone who must spend hours creating nested quotes that no one reads can't really complain that zombie threads waste their time.
I earlier posted on this thread:... BTW, I don’t consider posting (and reading) BikeForums a waste of time.

Actually, a waste of time for me is replying to these RECURRING [emphasis added] wearisome replies about my posting style, instead of just ignoring my posts.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 07-19-19 at 06:27 AM.