Old 03-28-19, 08:38 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by Lydah
i appreciate the concern, i know bikes get stolen frequently on campuses, but there is never a minute where i leave my bikes unattended. if i can't bring them on my person, i don't bring them, simple as that. that's what got me into folding bikes in the first place, before i simply preferred them for the ride

i won't be living on campus, I'll likely just be part time since i still have bills to pay at home, and have to keep my income steady. the main purpose of this bike is to get me to the train station then to campus, and back

all the details about bringing my bike inside and such will be sorted out before hand with my professors before the semesters start, and this has also been something i was able to sort out with my IEP in highschool. since im limited to bicycles and public transportation, this is basically my car

​at most I've just been told to put it in a bag if i bring it inside. the pakit has a backpack option on it that ill look into if necessary, but no, its never going to be out of my sight
I don't know that I'd bother with the BF backpack; you have to remove the front wheel to use it. Instead, I highly recommend a simple cover you can slip over as it is very easy to carry by the frame. I use the Dahon Carry On cover, which I actually removed from the carry case that comes with it. it's just a nylon slip cover with a zipper across one end and a pull cord on the bottom. if you know anyone who can sew, it would be super easy to make one out of black ripstop nylon. i just wad it up in my sling bag when i don't need it, takes very little space. i just drop it over, and unzip enough to grab the frame through the top. it is clean, disguised, and slightly protected from scratches (but not very so i'm careful). Why carry a backpack which adds weight and requires you to remove the wheel? Just quick fold the pakit, drop the cover over the top, and done =). Leave your back for your bookbag/laptop backpack.