View Single Post
Old 03-28-19, 08:41 PM
Lydah

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
Every u lock can be defeated and the lame insurance that supposedly comes with them is useless unless the broken lock is left at the scene (and it is often not). They don't pay off unless you have the busted lock for proof. A rider on a homeowner or renters policy isn't very expensive and can replace the entire bike pretty quickly. I never lock up my pakiT; I have a Dahon Mu Uno I use if I know I will need to leave the bike locked somewhere, but I also have my pakiT insured (bike theft happens on the street, inside apartments/houses, in offices, etc.).
Originally Posted by linberl
I don't know that I'd bother with the BF backpack; you have to remove the front wheel to use it. Instead, I highly recommend a simple cover you can slip over as it is very easy to carry by the frame. I use the Dahon Carry On cover, which I actually removed from the carry case that comes with it. it's just a nylon slip cover with a zipper across one end and a pull cord on the bottom. if you know anyone who can sew, it would be super easy to make one out of black ripstop nylon. i just wad it up in my sling bag when i don't need it, takes very little space. i just drop it over, and unzip enough to grab the frame through the top. it is clean, disguised, and slightly protected from scratches (but not very so i'm careful). Why carry a backpack which adds weight and requires you to remove the wheel? Just quick fold the pakit, drop the cover over the top, and done =). Leave your back for your bookbag/laptop backpack.
i appreciate the info, Im actually pretty good at sewing myself, so i may just go ahead and make my own