Old 07-27-19, 05:13 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,824 Times in 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by ryansu
Hey Happy Birthday man! (mine was this week) nice Bianchi looks like it should clean up and be awesome. Good luck with the stuck seat post, when I encountered a stuck seat post on a Nishiki MTB I stripped the bike down to the frame clamped the seat post in a vise (bike upside down) and sprayed liquid wrench down the seat tube (and around where the seat post goes in) once a day for 3 days and then very gently grasped the frame and tried to rotate it and it moved! that was a great feeling. YMMV

I have been stuck in that traffic in that heat - no fun, hope the car recovers.
Hey, Happy Birthday back atcha! The more I go over it, the more I find little nicks that polish out, so while there are bits of wear/use here and there (and some light rust spotting I will only partially address - I want to leave some beausage), overall it presents wonderfully and is completely straight, too. This is only the fourth bike I've gotten in the last ten years that wears original paint in very good condition. But it's not perfect, so I don't have to baby it.

The post is rotating, so I think removing it will be a simple enough job, well, that is to say I don't think I'll have to hack at it with a hacksaw blade from the inside out!

DD