View Single Post
Old 10-10-19, 06:02 PM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Originally Posted by Da Tinker
I agree totally and think the white front reflector is the most worthless bicycle accessory ever. If you're riding at night, you need a headlight not only to see where you're going and to see possible hazards in the road in front of you, but also to be seen by other traffic and to comply with the law. I can see how it'd give non-savvy riders a false sense of security.
I agree but will relate this little tale. We're having a contractor do some work and I've been getting up at 0530 to take the dog to the park so that chore will be out of the way for the duration of the job. Yesterday I was headed home at about 0630 (still dark) when I spied a tiny speck of white on the shoulder ahead. It was a bike rider (this guy was not a cyclist) wearing all black and riding a black bike the wrong way, so into oncoming traffic (that's me). Had it not been for his white front reflector I would have seen nothing in my lane. That pitiful piece of crap might have saved his life.

Last edited by thumpism; 10-10-19 at 07:48 PM.