Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6196 Post(s)
Liked 4,811 Times in 3,319 Posts
Originally Posted by woodcraft
According to these guys, if you weigh the same at the end of a (endurance) ride, then you are over-hydrating.

https://www.hammernutrition.com/medi...nghandbook.pdf
I, as in me myself and I did not weigh the same. I, as in my jersey, my shorts my socks and I together weighed the same. There was probably a pound of sweat in my clothes.

I use some of hammer's products. Heed and Endurolytes in particular. I started using them because of their articles like you posted a link to that give me a lot of information that other makers of similar products don't. Hammer's literature isn't without contradiction though within their own articles.

https://www.hammernutrition.com/medi...nghandbook.pdf

I can't bash them for the slight contradictions though. Their literature is a showcase of article excerpts written by multiple entities. Probably with slightly different criteria and focus. But on a broad basis, I find Hammer's literature very useful to gain information and start my awareness of things I have not considered..

The average conditions for the suggestions are never really defined well. A few quoted studies in the article that do state temperature it is 70°F. At that temp my fluid consumption is about 24 oz per hour.

I'm very aware of my fluid consumption while riding and have been for roughly ten years. Some of my routes don't have places for me to get water or other drink, so to do long rides, I have to carry it with me.

Ten years ago I came to terms with heat exhaustion and lost. Thankfully I was in the shade when I passed out on the bright sunny day with temps over 100°F because no one else passed by. Since that episode, I hydrate. And I am very aware of both Hyponatremia and Hypernatremia.
Likes For Iride01: