Old 02-26-21, 11:09 PM
oldbobcat

Bikes: '80 Masi Gran Criterium, '12 Trek Madone, early '60s Frejus track

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked 451 Times in 339 Posts
Originally Posted by Russ Roth
Nothing helped and the problem never went away despite changing chainrings. A different frame severely reduced the number of times it happened but it still does. Its why my next bike wasn't sram and none since have been. My wife's rival has never had the problem so it might just be a first gen force issue. Mine was virtually the only force level bike that went through the shop at the time, everything was either red, rival and typically shimano.
In the very beginning, before there was Red, I seem to recall an issue with Force shifters. SRAM was replacing them, no questions asked. We'd sold a lovely 2007 carbon LeMond on clearance, with Force, that never shifted right. Warranteed the shifters, replaced the chainrings. Nothing would help it, and that thing came back and got resold several times. It was a corporate shop, so it made the rounds. Finally I got to take a good close look at it and found that the crank spider was not flat. We gave that guy a new Red crankset and we never saw that bike again.