View Single Post
Old 08-18-23, 09:08 AM
RH Clark

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Liked 482 Times in 272 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
I find balsamic vinegar sufficiently flavorful that I don't even bother with the olive oil for salad dressing.

I usually use olive oil for cooking though, as well as in hummus and various other preparations.

also, +1 on mustard. An explosion of flavor for very small caloric cost.

And to put those together, balsamic vinegar, mustard, fresh lemon juice, and herbs make a nice marinade far less caloric than what you might use from a store-bought bottle of whatever.
Great example of why thinking about food differently is a key to weight loss. I think most of my previous food problems other than overindulgence was from putting taste and convenience at top priority. When I started learning how food effected my body and started eating on purpose so to speak, is when I started losing weight. I now think we would eat with a specific purpose in mind and be creative about how to make that taste great and be convenient. One of my major strategies to maintain weight is to already have a meal planned for the day. I want to be able to plan it according to what I need at the time.