Old 09-25-19, 12:54 PM
Jimbosays
Let's Ride!

Bikes: Giant Suede (Comfort cruiser - "The Rocking Chair"); Giant Escape 2 (700mm Hybrid - "The S.U.V."); Specialized Secteur Elite (Road Bike - "The Scooter"); Surly Troll (Touring Bike - "Load Up & Go Anywhere")

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Surly Troll Kickstand

Thanks for the kudos for my 2019 Surly Troll!

This is my first modern-day steel bike . . . And, yes, there is a certain "plush" feel to the ride that I never experienced with aluminum or carbon frames.

The kickstand is mounted using the 3-D printed part(s) found online and works absolutely great!

I know there are those "Surly true-ists" who dissuade use of a kickstand, but I really do enjoy having one installed and available.

I'm already carrying quite a load (between my chubby self and the steel bike) . . . A few more ounces is not to impact my "performance!"

Here is the YouTube link with a description and order info the the parts (there are two separate parts to order) to easily mount the kickstand:

Hint: Even in the USA it seemed take an inordinate amount to time (3-4 weeks) for the parts to be delivered. The ordering website was easy to use and offers order tracking so you can "see" where you are in the production process.

Good Luck . . . Happy Trolling Down Under!

Originally Posted by ColonelSanders
Stunning pic.

I love my Surly Troll, it is a hell of a bike.

Did you have to order a special 3D printed part to install your kickstand?