Old 10-02-19, 08:54 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
I'm tossing the ghetto modified HED basebar. I can't adjust it whatsoever and the integral brake levers on it aren't in good shape.

The last straw is that I have the extensions mounted to the stem cylinder piece and they constantly rotate. So I'm going to go with something that has the two bolts to secure risers/pads and stuff. It's not because I'm death gripping it or something, just that the clamping isn't working out.

I also increasingly feel sketched to ride it given I had to drill it for the pad mounts anyway.

We'll see what I wind up with. I'm cruising the UK TT forums for ideas.

Probably will be some open mold thing that isn't the fastest, but will allow me to ride without worrying about hurting myself. Likely the PDQ bar setup. The guy still makes/sells the tilt riser also for it.

And, the added adjust-ability will be welcome.

They keep quoting some UCI "angle". I thought it was height from pad to tip of extensions, not angle. Some of these TT positions I'm seeing have a LOT of extension rise from pad to the tip. Maybe I'm confused.

I'm too slow for anyone to care about that level of the rules anyway in our class.