MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10157 Post(s)
Liked 5,849 Times in 3,150 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
The current range is a ****ty electric, but there's a capped gas line already there, too, so we could have went either way. For a long time, I planned on a Viking or a Thermador or the like, but then I became aware of induction. I think that there's good arguments both ways, but one of the big ones for me, just that visceral appeal of caveman fire, has been diminished by the years that I've been without it; if our current range were a crappy gas or if my memories of our middling gas range in Brooklyn weren't 7 years removed, I think the siren song would be much harder to resist. As it is, though, this seems like it's going to be a great balance of performance and practicality (ugh, I'm getting old).
Yeah, induction is supposed to be very good. We now have a weak little gas counter insert, which is easy to clean, at least and isn't as bad as the stove on the boat. I don't know about the visceral appeal, but a gas flame gives you immediate visual feedback and is very handy for cooking off dirty brake pads.