Old 10-03-19, 08:21 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7348 Post(s)
Liked 2,470 Times in 1,435 Posts
Yesterday I did something dumb. I'm riding in a lot more city traffic now, with my new commute to college. I'm taking stupid risks. Yesterday, a car had to move left from the right lane to pass a parked truck. I came up from behind and tried to cut him off. Just before he squashed me, I hit my brakes, realizing how dumb I was. And I'm alive to tell the tale.

I saw a flattened pigeon on the street and a flattened rat, and a live rat ran across my path.

Today, the forecast called for lots of rain, so I thought it prudent to take the subway. And as usual, that was a bad call. The rain was light all day and would have been easy to ride in. Not only that, it cost a lot of time and trouble. Going from the college to my next destination, the first two trains were too crowded to fit any more bodies on, so I had to wait for the third. Crowds in New York City have become crazy, like never before.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.