View Single Post
Old 05-25-20, 12:03 PM
Fernleaf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by carminepraha
I'm of course not speaking about ALL by any means but what is it about cyclists (especially roadies) who have this certain arrogance/elitist attitude about them? Guess cuz it can be quite a pricey sport maybe?
LMAO. If anyone passes me and I fail to wave it is because I am of an age that I need both hands on the handlebars and both eyes on the road. However, if stopped for something I will be more talkative than one would like. So best to just let me stroll on by on my not too expensive but good enough for me bike. I hike more than I bike actually, and have found there are times, especially on a crowded trail that I just want to be left alone to my thoughts, solitude. I start out saying hello to other trailblazers, but after a while I am ready to quietly go my way. So perhaps there are those much more experienced bikers than I am who feel the same way. I hike or bike for peace of mind and often just get in a zone in my head where I don't want that spell broken. Kind of like active meditation.