Old 12-13-20, 06:43 PM
WolfgangVerne 

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by obrentharris
The Plan

I've accumulated a few parts that I want to put on a bike. The Allegro seems like the right bike for them.
Stronglight 57 crankset that came from @WolfgangVerne.
Record rear derailleur given to me by an old friend, but missing its cage stop pin. Lucky for me @rootboy gave me a beautiful stainless pin that he had fabricated, so I've been eager to use this products of two gifts.
1st generation Record front derailleur that I accumulated somewhere along the way.
Lyotard Berthet pedals that I bought at a swap for $5 many years ago. I gave them to Bruce Gordon for displaying the toeclips he made. When he closed shop he gave them back.
@unworthy1 is giving me 3 Weinmann bolts to replace my rusty ones.

The photos, catalog, and descriptions that I've seen for these bikes seem to vary quite a bit in terms of componentry, so I feel like I'm at least in the realm of plausible components.

I'm eager to follow any leads for the following components:
Weinmann or Scheeren tubular rims. 36 hole.
Record "small letters" seatpost 26.8.
Appropriate Weinmann brake levers, Weinmann brake pad holders, and one Weinmann or Dia Compe cliper arm fixing bolt.
Set of Philippe Professional stem and bars or a nice French stem that will accomodate the 25.0 CTA bars that came with this bike. (I'll put the CTA bars and stem on my PX10 town bike and steal the Philippe set from it for this bike.)
Old style Velox handlebar plugs in blue, white, or red.
Good used tubular tires that I can use as spares so I can put my new spares on this bike.

Here's the bike as it sits now.

Brent
Looking good so far Brent! Glad you found a use for the Stronglight 57. I know I have some white Velox plugs laying around. I believe they've yellowed a bit with age, but may fit in nicely with the patina on the rest of the bike. I'll dig around the shed and get a photo for you.