Old 06-10-19, 07:04 PM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 570 Posts
Originally Posted by Sumal86
As I have disc brakes I know I should use that one but I have also looked at the Deluxe version. Now I can’t seem to find anywhere if the Deluxe version will fit on the Dual Sport bikes? Can anyone help?
You most likely do not need a disc-specific rack. They are designed with a wider stance/mount at the bottom to clear disc brake calipers as they were traditionally mounted (on top of the seat stay). However, most modern bikes, including the Trek DS, have the caliper mounted on the chain stay; this is down below where the rack mounts, so a standard rack works well. In fact, you will probably prefer a standard rack because it's not as bulky down at the frame mount.

I recommend the Topeak MTX series racks and bags. The racks and trunk bags are top-shelf stuff. I have two racks, one on each of my primary bikes, and one of their DXP bags. I simply click the bag into the bike I'm taking that day and off I go.

For the kickstand, I would absolutely recommend the one Trek sells for the bike. I don't have any experience with it, but I'm sure it's good (and it'll fit perfectly). I have a Giant accessory kickstand on my Roam, which mounts directly to the frame similar to how the DS is designed. The fit and function is perfect.