View Single Post
Old 06-28-19, 12:18 PM
BiciMan

Bikes: '97 Bianchi CDI, '97 Specialized RockHopper, '13 Specialized Sirrus Pro, '13 Trek 8.5 DS, '13 BH EasyMotion NeoXtrem, '14 Trek Domane, '86 Schwinn AirDyne ;)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by vitarra
I was about to buy a DS but was put off by components, lack of tapered head ( most suspensions are tapered these days so no future proof) , Duotrap only S version (which looks old on new frame) overall Trek used to be good but now is way behind competition with its components and old fashioned solutions. If you look at Giant Roam 0 or Kross Evado 10.0 then the latest DS bike looks like their grandfather )
The Roam 0 costs a third more than the DS4, and should spec higher. Trek probably figures or has learned too-few hybrid buyers will spend the extra $$. The roam has a better shock, but the DS4 still has internal cable routing and that remote lockout which I've always liked on my 8.5. And Duotrap S is still better than no integrated ant+ support option. I didn't have it on my 2013, but I really appreciate it on my Domane. Still, both bikes are nice and they may both come off the same Taiwan assembly line.