View Single Post
Old 06-22-20, 11:25 AM
aclinjury

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 128 Posts
Originally Posted by adamrice
In case anyone's curious, I'm uploading a screencap from Golden Cheetah, showing power and HR from a recent workout. This was an easy interval session that I've done several times. I've circled the dips. There's another dip at start of an interval, before my heart rate has had a chance to catch up with the additional load.
interesting graph! well since I'm no cardiologist, I won't pretend to be one.
But here's just MY opinion of your data (based on observation of my own data).

1. the 2 dips at the beginning and end don't look normal to me. Since you said you've tried 2 HRM monitors, then this lessen the chance of equipment error.
2. your HR during internals 1,2,3 look normal
3. on the 4th interval, HR dips a bit past the midway point, but this could happen because you're also dipping in power (as I see it on the graph)
4. on the 5th interval, HR has a dip around the midway point and then resuming its upward trajectory. I don't think this is normal. HR should be upward moving throughout the interval if your power is consistent (which it looks to be).
5. then on the 6th interval, HR doesn't begin to move immediately at the start of the interval. On the contrary, HR even dips, and HR does not move up until you're about 1/3 way into the interval. This doesn't look normal to me.
6. 7th interval HR looks normal
7. on the 8th interval, there is again a drop in HR almost halfway through, before HR rises again to finish the interval
8. 9th interval looks normal
9. 10th interval looks to be normal

like I said, i'm not expert, but I know that my HR patterns during these sort of submaximal intervals are more smooth and exhibit less stochastic. Maybe you're just fine and all this means nothing.
How do you feel though? Any shortness of breath? any lapses of dizziness during the workout at all?
But if you have health insurance, and this concern is on your mind, then go see your doctor.