View Single Post
Old 04-01-19, 06:21 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18382 Post(s)
Liked 4,515 Times in 3,355 Posts
What resolutions does the camera support?

Is there a way to drop the resolution down a bit? 720p, 1080p? Perhaps a slower frame rate.

If it bonks on high resolution, but not low resolution, then either speed, or perhaps a faulty card would be an issue.

I have a first gen Fly 6. It did OK for a while. The straps were a problem, and I broke a few of them.

I think over time the battery started getting weak, and would tend to konk out earlier than expected. The, the USB port eventually stopped charging, and the device became a paperweight.

I asked about orientation because there is a 15 minute auto-off feature related to wrecks and crashes. That shouldn't be an issue if kept mostly vertical from the time it is turned on through the ride. Mine worked just fine upside-down too. But, it will stop if the thing is tilted sideways for a period.

Now, it is possible that the orientation sensor is damaged???

Or perhaps a faulty battery????

I think the new Fly6CE has a few different modes including camera only (no light), and perhaps light only (no camera). You could try to replicate the issue with the camera only mode, or light only mode.

But, for new devices, I would hope a faulty battery isn't the issue, especially since they are supposed to be a pain to replace.