cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,396 Times in 2,093 Posts
Originally Posted by countalmaviva
I confess I gave the thread a click-baity title. I wanted to start a thread for posterity
FWIW, I'm more interested in the discussion than spending $20
Well, now that you've started a thread not only of posterity, but of infamy, and certainly not short in discussion...

...maybe you could tell us which variant of the levers you're looking for? It might help you on your quest.

I also wanted to add that, in this particular case, I'm aware that this lever came in a few different colors. Some dipped in rubber and some not. I can't tell from the outside of the box what this particular lever looks like. I may be a very particular case: I'm trying to find the levers I used as a kid, for sentimental purposes. If it's the wrong color, I'm not sure that would be returnable, especially since I'd already have opened the sealed box...
I'll reiterate my earlier observation, which I know because I happened to ride these levers in the 80s: they came in multiple colors and coatings. Also, Google. These details are not made clear in the auction. Many who rebuild vintage bikes as a hobby are fond of color coordinating, so I thought this was not an unimportant point, though no one has responded to it.
Also, Google.

Yes, it's difficult to see...but there's no other explanation for the naming convention. It means ftwelder's SS-5's are silver.

-Kurt

Last edited by cudak888; 05-19-20 at 08:52 PM.
Likes For cudak888: