Old 09-04-22, 09:18 PM
Schwinnsta
Schwinnasaur

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked 184 Times in 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Damon
Right. But then I would go ahead and spec it with a Litepro crank and ring which sells retail, BB and bolts included, for around $40 here. I mean, if Bike Friday, the epitome of manufacturing quality serving a refined and highly discriminating clientele, specs Litepro on its products, Litepro must be quite good, right? 😉 Right? 🙄
No, Ron. Bike Friday is a small company that started to fill a small niche. Bikes that you could pack into a suitcase and travel to a destination and then tour with. You can't really compare what they do to any large manufacturer. What they do is closer to custom bike building. I don't know of anyone saying they are the epitome of anything, certainly not manufacturing. In order to build these here to user specification and size, or in small batches, it's going to cost. And what is up with "discriminating clientele". Are these "straw men"?

I am delighted and in awe of the fact that I was able to buy a Zizzo Liberte and have it shipped to my house for $320. I just don't understand how you can get that a new bike at a price like that. It was a return or a blemished bike, but I never found anything wrong with it. Is it nice as Diamond Lama, no, but it is way more than I can ask for at that price.

I am at the upper limit of fitting my folders. Zizzo, Brompton H, and Xootr Swift. All designed for Western rider's body sizes. If I was taller, I probably would look at the Lama. The bikes you post are not available to try. I would need to try them to see if I could fit.