View Single Post
Old 09-05-22, 01:16 AM
Ron Damon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 567 Times in 356 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
Just FYI, Bike Friday will acquire any component you request for your custom build. You can purchase one of their pre-specced models but you can also literally customize every single bit. i did that when i built up my pakiT. They didn't list or carry many of the components i wanted but they got them and installed them. i could have done it myself after buying a more base model but they gave me credit for their parts against my chosen parts and it worked out a little better especially given i didn't have to swap them out. So you can do anything from Paul Components to litepro or anything in between. With a custom bike it's all up to you. You also can buy the frame as mentioned and do whatever you want if that floats your boat and you've got the tools to assemble it.
Right. No one is questioning that. The real head scratcher is why BF owners will routinely turn up their noses at Asiatic bikes and parts when BF itself besmirches and defiles its enviable Made-in-USA products with these bottom feeder parts made in deplorable sweat shops. Something doesn't add up. 😉

The bike, advertised by BF, sells for $2,500 and comes with a Litepro crankset. That's some strong Kool-Aid! But when Paul specs his bikes with the very same type of components, folks pinch and turn up their noses. 😎

Last edited by Ron Damon; 09-05-22 at 01:32 AM.