Old 09-05-22, 09:46 AM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by wesgreen
That sounds very tempting, actually! (I haven't made it onto Facebook yet; maybe someday.) I hope BF riders continue to get a break from the airlines. Not everyone would want to take that risk, though. From all I've read and seen, BF make great bikes, so they shouldn't have to lie to potential customers about their product.
I don't think they are lying as they give you the actual dimensions; if they wanted to lie they wouldn't do that, lol. It is just their experience through their many owners is that the airlines simply do not make any issues of the extra couple inches. They are basically telling you the truth, that the inches don't match but it doesn't keep people from flying with the bikes in suitcases at no extra charge. I've been on that Facebook group for 10 years and not once has anyone said they had an issue. It's like Brompton and Southwest. Technically the Brommie should not be allowed in the over head compartment but the Brompton mafia guys have never ever had a problem doing that when they fly. i'm going to be more concerned with the reality than the unenforced technical issues, ymmv.