LesterOfPuppets
cowboy, steel horse, etc

Bikes: everywhere

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12794 Post(s)
Liked 7,701 Times in 4,089 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
Honestly, that is harder on the fabric than a washing machine. Most of the hotels I’ve stayed in have laundry facilities...often, it’s why I stay in them...so there is no need for hand washing.
I sometimes use motel washer and dryer, like a couple years ago I got a room next door to laundry room. Usually easier and cheaper to hand wash in sink.

I had quite the ordeal in Cheyenne once. Gathered our clothes, took the elevator down to the lobby wearing my swim trunks, got quarters at the front desk, walk down the hall to the laundry room, and doh it takes a key card to get in. So take the elevator back up to the 3rd floor, get the key card from my coworker, head back down to start the wash. 45 mins later its dryer transfer time and ugh laundry room closes at 9pm....

Trials and tribulations

But yeah, I do only occasionally wring with towel Comes in handy when you need a quick turnaround though. Once in Salem, OR I checked in at 10pm, washed shorts in sink and it was SO humid I didn't think they'd be dry by morning even with towel wringing.

Last edited by LesterOfPuppets; 05-03-19 at 08:55 AM.