Old 01-25-20, 02:21 PM
hubcyclist

Bikes: 2017 Raleigh RX 1.0, 2018 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 337 Posts
Originally Posted by mattm
Awesome! Python is a good learning language, although I have to deal with a lot of the not-fun parts of it (unicode, 2/3 interop) at work. TypeScript is popular these days too.

A while ago I had a Raspberry Pi that would pull from my Strava feed and then post the ride (title, map, photos) to a Tumblr page. Which basically made a Tumblr site that was a mirror of my Strava feed.

Another idea I had was similar to yours - to calculate CTL/etc and show it on a "dashboard" of sorts, like some kind of small display hooked up to a Raspberry Pi. But the hard part is TrainingPeaks's API isn't available for "personal use" (I wanted to get the actual TSS values, not guess/calculate them), which I can only assume that means it costs money. But I wanted to show current CTL/trends, temperature, etc.

The Pi opens up some possibilities because you can have a "computer" running your code at all times, and talking to all kinds of hardware, etc.
Yeah, I have a Pi 3 and a Pi zero, although I haven't put them to use for this stuff yet, the Pi is mainly a plex server while the zero has been used as a NES/SNES emulation station. Once I get more competent with the programming I would love to leverage those things for other stuff.

I found this guy who created a PMC in python and posted a how to on it Build Your Own Performance Management Chart in Python | Johannes Jacob - Blog and some more ride analysis here Analyze your cycling data with Python | Johannes Jacob - Blog So I may try that. I also saw that he launched an online PMC which is free at trainshift.com and it looks neat and polished, would love to know how he built it up.

As for me, I was able to use a library called plotly dash to generate an interactive power/heartrate graph out of CSV file I pulled via a Django app. So I've got something lol It's tough to know which direction to go in as a noob, really I should probably first figuring out how to build a database using either uploaded fit files or pulled strava rides and then having my "site" be able to read from that database and then generate a ride analysis from that. It's fun tinkering around, but it's so easy to spend hours at a time, so I have to watch myself lol
Likes For hubcyclist: