Old 08-07-20, 11:09 AM
Lattz

Bikes: 80s Alan Super Record, 79' Somec Special, 90s Rossin(?) Columbus Ego Triathlon, previously: Bianchi SBX Reparto Corse (stolen) and so on...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 813 Times in 602 Posts
Originally Posted by icemilkcoffee
Well your wish is granted- somebody is selling this pristine Somec 58cm here in the Bay Area:

The seller is asking a whopping $1k for this single-speed converted bike though.
Oh yeah. Thats a really nice one as well. And while 1k is a lot of money Somec lo pros are not the most common things for sale and generally Somec prices were pushed to the heavens they are almost always expensive. Heres one which was lying around in the German market for a like 2 year for EUR 400 or 700 dont remember exactly. Now resurfaced at 1500 (without Boras of course) and looking at the prices of other "normal" Somec frames being a rarity thats unfortunately ambitious but not impossible either.

Back to the bike posted by you it came in the perfect moment for the occasional "post the road version as well" mini-tradition here. This Elite SX is what I've missed out a few months ago for EUR 300. Such finds cast a different light at "usd 1000 for a bare frame (i know i know its with wheels and so) is good or not".

Likes For Lattz: