View Single Post
Old 03-10-20, 06:37 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3465 Post(s)
Liked 1,470 Times in 1,147 Posts
Originally Posted by UKFan4Sure
I ordered a couple of those. When they come in, I'll try them out. Thanks for the tip. With my dual usb output 8000mah batteries, it should last quite a while. The good thing about those you mentioned is you never have to worry about losing the internal battery.
Happy to help. The reason that I got it was for bike touring with my S&S coupled bike, I have to completely disassemble and re-assemble the bike after flying somewhere with it. And on previous tours I spent the time to install a headlight on the bike (dynohub powered) that I never used. So, starting with my last tour I decided to not spend the time and hassle of installing a light on the bike, instead just carry a small one in case I need it for a tunnel or for an evening ride from a pub. My dynohub was only used for USB battery charging, much simpler that way.

Regarding power usage, at high power setting at 1.2 amps, that is about 6 watts at USB 5v. Your 8 amp hour battery (assuming 3.7v for Li Ion) is roughly 30 watt hours. So, on high power one light from full to empty on your battery would only last five hours. I rarely use my light, I bought it for touring when I almost never use it, but when I have I only used it on low power.

Last edited by Tourist in MSN; 03-10-20 at 06:44 AM.